Dryland Wild Flower Seed Mix ,2 oz
1 oz. Seed, Covers approximately 125 square fT.
DRY Wildflower Seeds - Dryland wild flower seed mixture is made up of 24 individual species. These wildflowers are designed to flourish in the drier climates or areas that do not get moisture on a regular basis. The mix is made up of 50% annuals and 50% biennials/perennials to give a wide variety of colorful flowers for the first season as well as following years. The wildflower bed will reach a height of 36-48 inches tall under normal conditions.
Wild flower seed mixture includes (percentages are rounded):
- 18.0% Baby's Breath, Annual
- 14.0% Wallflower, Siberian
- 9.0% Flax, Blue
- 8.0% Cornflower
- 8.0% Poppy, California
- 8.0% Coneflower, Purple
- 4.0% Daisy, Shasta
- 4.0% Pinks, Sweet William
- 4.0% Blanketflower
- 4.0% Indian Blanket
- 2.0% Daisy, African
- 2.0% Daisy, African Stick
- 2.0% Snapdragon, Tall Spurred
- 2.0% Coneflower, Prairie
- 2.0% Catchfly
- 1.5% Vervain, Hoary
- 1.5% Catchfly
- 1.0% Penstemon, Rocky Mountain
- 1.0% Daisy, Gloriosa
- 1.0% Black-Eyed Susan
- 1.0% Alyssum, Sweet
- 1.0% Coreopsis, Plains
Seeding rate: 5 - 10 pounds per acre or 3/4 - 1 1/4 pounds per 5,000 square feet.
Question: Why such a broad range on the seeding rate?
Answer: Wild flower seed planting applications vary tremendously from the back yard flower bed to the 5 acre meadow. Various seeding rates are needed depending on the type of application you are considering. For your specific application use this for your guideline:
- For a meadow look with scattered wildflowers using the lower end of the seeding rate
- For an average display with good coverage use the middle range of the seeding rate
- For a lush stand with almost solid wildflowers choose the upper end of the seeding rate