Daffodil SALOME ,fall bulbs
Large cupped Narcissus has the same size flowers as the Trumpet Narcissus. Only the size of the cup is smaller than a segment of the perianth but never smaller than one third. Large-cupped Narcissus has one flower per stem. This group contains a large numbers of cultivars. The rich colors and the beautiful flowers make springtime to any garden! Large Cupped Narcissues have an height of 18-24 Inches. Bulb Size: Topsize 15/17 cm.
1. In the Fall, choose a spot that is mostly sunny for the majority of the day or has only light shade. Also make sure that the location has fairly good drainage and does not tend to get waterlogged.
2. Planting narcissus bulbs is fairly simple. Bulbs look much like a small onion, sometimes with a spike or point on one side and sometimes wiry roots growing out of the other side. Plant with the spike pointing up.
3. Follow the rule of thumb when planting bulbs and give the bulbs at least 2 times their height of soil above them. Narcissus like a deep planting in light soil. Dig a 6-7 inch hole, drop the bulb into it and cover with soil.
4. Regarding the spacing between bulbs, if planting in beds, leave approx 5-6 inches between each bulb. If you are planting in containers, you can cluster them a little closer together.
5. After planting, water well so that the soil above the bulbs settles.
6. Narcissus bulbs will flower in the spring. After the flowers die back in late spring or early summer, let the plant enjoy a drier, warmer rest period. After leaves die back, stop watering so that the bulb can rest.
7. In cooler zones, you can leave narcissus bulbs in the ground over winter so that they can receive their required period of winter cooling in order to flower the following Spring.
I can't give an accurate review until after the bulb grows