Holy basil Seeds, Tulsi, ASIAN VEGETABLE !
Holy basil Seeds,Holy basil,An Herb Native To India,Where It Is known As Tulsi ! Holy basil is an herb native to India, where it is known as tulsi. It is sacred in the Hindu religious tradition and is regarded as one of the most important plants used in Ayurvedic medicine. The plants have a bush growing habit and leaves have with a spicy, clove-like, musky flavor and aroma. This is a green leaf variety.
- Warm season annual
- Approx. 700-1100 seeds in packet. (A seed will vary in weight and size within a given seed lot. The number of seeds stated is only an estimate.)
- 24062.5 seed count per 0Z
- 385,000 seed count per pound.
- Maturity: Approx. 70-90 days
- Planting season: Late spring/early summer
Holy Basil plants are extremely important in the Hindu religion. In the Hindu religion the herb plants, called Tulsi, are worshiped morning and evening. As a medicinal herb, Tulsi Holy Basil is used to fight fevers associated with malaria, dengue fever, colds and flu by making a tea from the leaves. The Holy Basil teas also soothe sore throats, coughs, and respiratory ailments. Holy Basil is considered to be an adaptogen and helps protect the body against stress.
How To Grow Holy Basil From Herb Seeds:
Start the Holy Basil herb seeds indoors 6 - 8 weeks before the end of frost season. Use a good, sterilized seed starting mix. Keep the soil moist but not saturated until germination occurs. In warm climates, the Basil seeds can be directly started outdoors in prepared seedbeds. The Holy Basil plants benefit from regular fertilizer feeding. Start feeding once the first true leaves appear, and used a diluted liquid fertilizer, like fish emulsion, every other weekCulinary tips: This herb can be eaten fresh, dried, made into tea or used as a supplement. Used in many Thai and Indian cuisine dishes. The spicy aromatic leaves are a nice garnish with Asian noodle dishes.
- Season: Perennial
- USDA Zones: 9 - 11
- Height: 20 inches
- Bloom Season: Mid summer to early fall
- Bloom Color: Pink
- Environment: Full sun
- Soil Type: Well-drained, pH 6.1 - 7.3
- Temperature: 70F
- Average Germ Time: 7 - 14 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: 1/4 inch
- Sowing Rate: 1 seed per inch
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: Rows 18 inches a part; thin seedlings 6 inches