Straight Eight,Cucumber SEEDS, Heirloom Vegetable
- All-America Selections winner.
- Harvest in 63 days
- Traditional and Reliable Heirloom Variety
- 7-8 inch Lightly Striped Fruits
- Vigorous Vines
- Large Cucumbers Excellent for Salads
- 1,000 per Oz.
- 16,000 per Lb.
Old-fashioned white-spined farmer's market cuke! Standard slicing variety. Vigorous and productive. Sweet and mild! Dark green, super smooth, cylindrical 7-8"L blocky with rounded blunt ends. USES: Fresh Markets, Home GardensOPEN POLLINATED
Pollination occurs by insect, bird, wind, humans, or other natural mechanisms. Because there are no restrictions on the flow of pollen between individuals, open-pollinated plants are more genetically diverse. However, as long as pollen is not shared between different varieties within the same species, then the seed produced will remain true-to-type year after year.HEIRLOOM
This variety has a history of being passed down within a family or community, similar to the generational sharing of certain items like jewelry or furniture.MONOECIOUS
Cucumbers will grow both female and male flowers. Such cucumber plants do not need another cultivar cucumber plant for pollination. They require bees, other insects or wind, however, to spread their pollen from their male flowers to their female flowers.VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
- Cabbage Family
- Marigold deters beetles
- Nasturtium deters aphids, beetles and bugs, improves growth and flavor
- Oregano deters pests in general
- Tansy deters ants, beetles, bugs, flying insects