Lycoris albiflora Bulbs ( White Spider Lily,)
Lycoris spider lily 'Albiflora'
- » Native to southern & eastern Asia
- » Naturalize well, especially in the southeastern USA
- » The leaves are long and slender, 30 - 60 cm long and only 0.5 - 2 cm broad
- » The scape is erect, 30 - 70 cm tall
- » 4-8 flowers per plant
This Lycoris is not nearly as common as the red or the yellow species. However, it grows in the same kinds of conditions as the more common forms. Bulbs must be planted in high well-drained soils. Plants seem to perform best in locations which receive some sunlight during the day. Divide bulbs periodically once they become crowded.
Scientific Name: Lycoris albiflora
- Common Name: White Lycoris, White September, White Hurricane Lily
- Hardiness Zone: 6, 7, 8, 9
- Height: 1-2 feet
- Spread: to 1 foot
- Bloom time: Fall
- Flower color: White
- Light Exposure: Sun, Part Sun, Filtered Shade, Morning sun
- Drainage: Well drained, Moist
Can’t wait to see them bloom!