Martin's Carrot Pepper SEEDS, Capsicum annuum
- Carrot-shaped fruits grow to 1-3 inches
- Smoky hot flavor
- Plants grow to 24 inches
- Medium hot pepper
- 70-90 days from transplant
- ‘Martin’s Carrot’ is an heirloom variety pepper with smooth carrot-shaped pods generally ripening from green to orange in 120 days. The pods grow 3 inche long on 2.5 foot’ plants, and are medium-hot. C. annuum is the most cultivated pepper in the world, both commercially and in home gardens.
- They are relatively easy to grow, as long as they receive plenty of moisture and nutrients, are not subjected to cold and receive plenty of sunshine. They grow in an endless variety of colors and range in shape from small round cherry peppers to long, pencil-shaped cayenne varieties.
- Seeds should be started indoors 8 to 10 weeks before the last frost. When the temperature reaches 70 F, transplant 12 to 16 inches apart, fertilize, and again when they are 12 inches tall. The pepper is rich is goodness, one medium-sized pepper will provide almost the entire daily adult of vitamin C requirement and also contains vitamins such as B1, B2 and D, plus numerous minerals.