CROCUS BULBS, BLUE PEARL, SNOW CROCUS
Species Crocuses are one of the first flower bulbs to bloom after winter. Blue Pearl is a lilac-blue variety with a bronze colored heart.
Crocus Chrysanthus 'Blue Pearl'this one a pale ice blue on the outside, even paler inside, with lovely goblet-shaped flowers
Crocus Chrysanthus 'Blue Pearl' is considered one of the best spring flowering crocuses. Award-winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit in 1993, it displays luminous, soft blue flowers on the outside with a bronzy yellow base and a deep yellow throat. ... Blooming occurs from late winter to early spring.
Small Flowering Crocus bulbs, or Species Crocus bulb, are one of the earlies bulbs to bloom and mark the first signs of Spring.
Species crocus are very short (4 inches) and are great for borders and naturalizing. Plant them en masse to provide the landscape with a splash of color.
Species Crocus bulbs will return for several years if the foliage is allowed to die off.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: gritty, poor to moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: February to March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Bulb size: 5
- Small Flowering Crocus bulbs can be used for borders and naturalizing
- We offer top sized Species Crocus bulbs (6+)
- Crocus bulbs prefer full sun but willalso tolerate some shade
- Crocus bulbs do not like wet feet and require well-drained soil
- Fertilize Crocus bulbs when the foliage pushes through the soil in spring. We recommend a general low-nitrogen fertilizer.
- Small Flowering Crocus bulbs can be scattered when planting
- Crocus bulbs should be planted at a depth of double the height of the bulb
- Garden care: Plant bulbs in tight clusters to form naturalistic drifts 10cm deep where they can be left undisturbed for several years. Keep a lookout for damage by mice or squirrels. This can sometimes be avoided by laying a piece of chicken wire over the bulbs before you cover them with soil. If you are growing these in grass, avoid mowing it until the leaves have completely died back