PINK Scaevola PLANT ( LIVE STARTER PLANT) evergreen shrub
- Scaevola is flowering annual from Australia that is actually hardy in zones 9-11. It is one of the most heat-tolerant, sun-loving bloomers that we have. Producing colorful flowers in a circular pattern around the tips of stems, this plant is perfect for small pots, hanging baskets, or colorful elements in your combination planters. As a late bloomer, add Scaevola to your summer program to bring some color to your garden center.Light: Provide bright indoor light, but not full midday sun. They are perfect for atriums or other areas that are flooded with bright, natural light.
- We recommend planting 3-5 starter plants per 10” basket. Use a well-drained soil in your baskets and plant your starter plants deep, allowing the ellepot to be completely covered by the soil. If you are planting 4” pots, 1 plant per pot should be sufficient if you have enough time. Plant it directly in the middle of your pot.
- Pinching is recommended 5-10 days after transplantation. A second pinch may be necessary depending on the size and shape of the final pot.
- Fertilizer: Feed weekly with a weak liquid fertilizer that includes micronutrients and encourages blooming. These are relatively high feeders and will respond well to amply fertilization.
- Soil: A light, fast-draining potting soil is perfect. You can use fortified soils.