Kentucky Wonder Brown Pole Bean
Organic Heirloom 'Pole Bean, Kentucky Wonder' Bean. The earliest producing bean at an amazing 60-65 days!
- Pole Bean, Kentucky Blue Bean Seeds
- The original pole bean. Long, green pods with a distinctive flavor.
- AAS award-winning plants are vigorous and heavy-bearing.
- Pods are oval, thick, gently curved, meaty and tender.
- String-less when young
- Pods up to 9 inches long!
Many gardeners prefer pole beans for their distinctive "beany" flavor. Because they use vertical space, they free up the horizontal rows in the vegetable garden for other varieties while bearing abundant harvests. They're easier than bush beans to harvest as well. Direct-sow after all danger of frost, and for best harvest, keep sowing at 3-week intervals until late spring. For fall crops, begin in late summer and continue until a month or so before first frost date. Support the 5- to 8-foot vines on a trellis, tower, or poles spaced 3 feet apart.
High Quality, Untreated, Open pollinated Garden Seeds
Vegetable Planting: Direct sow outside after danger of last frost. Plant about 4' apart and 1'below soil surface. Rows should be spaced at 20-30'apart.-
- Botanical Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Common Names: Buff Valentine
- Days to Maturity: 58