SPICY BROWN Mustard SEEDS - (Brassica juncea) ASIAN VEGETABLE
This medium hot variety of mustard is bred especially for microgreen production. The cotyledons or seed leaves are medium green with white stems. Everyone can enjoy its robust mustard flavor.
Brown mustard seeds are traditionally used to add spice to cooking. When sprouted the spicy mustard sprouts add a real kick to any sprouting seed mix. Available in various sizes in resealable packaging. High germination rate
- Approx. 1000-1100 seeds in packet. (A seed will vary in weight and size within a given seed lot. The number of seeds stated is only an estimate.)
- FLAVOR: bitter, earthy, spicy
- USES: salad, meat, poultry, seafood, sushi, among others
- Maturity: Approx. 5 days for microgreens
- Planting season: Year round
For large sprouts or microgreens, sow seeds in spring to summer in sandy soil in a bright but cool location. Broadcast seeds and cover with a thin layer of soil. Keep uniformly moist. Harvest by cutting when seedlings reach 3-4". For smaller sprouts, use a sprouting jar indoors. Wash seeds thoroughly before planting and wash sprouts well before eating.
Use in Salads, Soups, or Sushi.