Earth angel hosta (Bareroot PLANT) Perennial
Hosta is recommended for the following landscape applications;
- Mass Planting
- Border Edging
- General Garden Use
- Hosta 'Earth Angel' Hosta is a sport of H. 'Blue Angel' with an added cream margin. Heart-shaped blue-green leaves are bordered by a creamy white margin. The cream margin gets much wider as it matures and often streaks towards the midrib. Leaves emerge blue-green with yellow margins.
- Space Hosta blue angel 3-4 feet apart, giving it room to spread (the plant will grow 3 feet tall and 4 feet wide.)
- Add organic matter or compost to the hole and plant the hosta.
- Choose soil that is normal to slightly acidic which drains well.
- Water well the first year to make sure the plant is established, then twice a week thereafter.
- Fertilize monthly with an all purpose granular fertilizer during the growing season, or at the start of the season with a slow release fertilizer.
- Lilac flowers on long stalks in late spring or early summer will attract hummingbirds.
- Hosta blue angel is hardy in zones 3-8. Not winter hardy in zones 1 and 2.
- Prefers semi shade to full shade.