Ajuga Chocolate Chip (Starter Plant) PERENNIAL VINE
- Appealing maroon foliage adds color and texture.
- Spikes of bright blue flowers in early summer.
- Super low-maintenance and durable.
- Dense habit spreads nicely and controls weeds.
- Zones 4-9, sun/part sun/shade, 3" tall x 12" wide at maturity
The bold burgundy- and chocolate-colored foliage of Chocolate Chip Bugleweed (Ajuga) steals the spotlight from other garden ground covers. Spikes of bright-blue blooms in late spring and early summer accompany the bold evergreen foliage to give your garden an eclectic vibe. This foolproof perennial groundcover will make gardening a breeze by suppressing weeds as it spreads through your garden. It's so low maintenance; nearly all you have to do is plant and enjoy! Ajuga 'Chocolate Chip' can be planted in containers, on slopes, beneath trees, and in small spaces. It looks especially lovely when grown around rocks or stepping stones. If you're looking to add an easy and unique twist to your garden, this plant is perfect for you. Plus, who could say no to chocolate chips?
Buying landscape plugs? Here is how much area they will cover:
- 6" spacing of 32 landscape plugs covers 6 sq feet
- 8" spacing covers 7.5 sq feet
- 10" spacing covers 11 sq feet
- 12" spacing covers 16 sq feet
Light: Will grow in full sun or shade, but the best foliage color usually occurs in part-sun locations (at least 3-4 hours of sun per day). Water: Easily grown in average soils. Spacing: Space plants 6-9" apart, but be careful to not plant too deep. The crown should never be covered with soil, or the plant may rot.