CRIMSON RED,JAPANESE Mustard Seeds- Asian Vegetable
- Harvest at any stage depending on culinary use from microgreen to full
- Suitable for salads, soups, stir-fries, and as a garnish. Rich source of vitamins A, B6, C, riboflavin, and iron.
- Cool season annual
- Approx. 700-1000 seeds in packet. (A seed will vary in weight and size within a given seed lot. The number of seeds stated is only an estimate.)
- Maturity: Approx. 40-55 days (20-25 for baby leaf)
- Planting season: Spring/early fall
Harvest at any stage, micro-greens to baby leaf for salads and sandwiches, as well as flowers and seed pods. Mature leaves are excellent for pickling, cooking and juicing. Start harvesting at 3" tall for baby mustard greens. Thin to 10" apart for mature heads. May bolt as temperatures and day lengths increase. Harvest florets as they are tender and delicious too.
Cultivation: Prepare fertile, well-drained soil. Sow seeds in early/late spring or late summer/early fall in a sunny location. Keep soil moist. Fertilize as needed. Plant every 2 weeks for continuous harvest. The flavor is best when grown briskly so plant in fertile soil and keep well watered.
Vegetable Seed Saving:
Allow seed heads to dry on plants; then remove heads, break them open, and collect seeds. Clean and dry the seeds before storage in cool dry conditions.
Harvest at any stage, micro-greens to baby leaf for salads and sandwiches, as well as flowers and seed pods. Mature leaves are excellent for pickling, cooking and juicing.